Description: The Trans Voices Festival was created to support and encourage trans youth through artistic expression and to uplift trans, nonbinary, gender nonconforming, agender, two spirit, and intersex people of all ages through music, story, and community. While the Trans Voices Festival Steering Committee is primarily based in Portland, Oregon, we encourage people from all geographic locations to volunteer.
We are currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team!
- Volunteer position for a non-profit festival
- Identify and arrange volunteers for roles needed by each team
- Onboards, orientates, and supports volunteers
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Team building and management
- Meeting facilitation for volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with virtual communication platforms such as Zoom, Mailchimp, Gmail, and Basecamp
- Any other experience that could bring value to the position
Requirements for role outside of description
- Steering committee meeting presence (every other Friday 6-8pm PDT)
- Monitor email and other communication sources regularly
- Prior to festival – Available to answer festival and schedule-related questions, redirect attendees with tech issues to Tech Support. Direct specific questions to appropriate committees or chairs.
- Hours per week – average 3-6
- Length of position- now through November 14th, 2021 (festival day Nov. 13th, 2021)
Remote. Meetings take place on Zoom.
Date to apply by:
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Pronouns (Optional)
If you have questions regarding this posting, you can also contact us at the same firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Thank you for your interest!